EVENTS ARE SCHEDULE BETWEEN THE HOURS:
- Monday – Friday 6:00 am – midnight
- Saturday daytime 6:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Saturday evening 6:00 pm – midnight.
- Sunday 1:00 – midnight.
Our hall manager answers calls 24 x 7. Of course she has to sleep occasionally, or may be on another call. If you go to voicemail, leave a message and she’ll get back to you ASAP.
Our hall can accommodate as many as 300 people, but intimate enough to host parties as small as 50.
We offer five different caterers and we’re confident at least one of them will offer the kind of food you’re looking for. However, if you prefer your own caterer just let us know. Providing they are licensed and insured there should be no problem We’ll even work with them to coordinate the details. Choosing your own caterer is not an option on Saturday nights.
Bringing in home cooked food is not allowed. Homemade desserts and packaged snacks such as chips are allowed.
Several hotels are located right off the 80/94 expressway. St. James is a straight shot down Kennedy Avenue, about 2 miles.
Yes there is a separate area located in a different part of the building. Good place for the bride/princess to hide if she doesn’t want to be seen. The bride and her bridesmaids, or the princess and her court, plus hair stylists and photographers are the only ones allowed in this part of the building.
St. James has partnered with five of the very best caterers in the area. Chosen for customer satisfaction and quality of food. You choose from:
- Strack & Van Til
- Lee’s @ Avia
- Ace Catering
- El Rey del Taco
We also offer our own on-site catering by Custom Catering.
Free tastings are available for all of our caterers.
Decorations are a big part of making every event special. That’s why we have no limitations. We do have some rules:
- No tape on the floor (instruct your DJ and other vendors)
- Tape used on the walls must be the removable type
- All decorations that come in with you must leave with you. This includes boxes used to carry in decorations and/or those they were packaged in. If you want to throw them away you must take them to the dumpster in our parking lot. If you leave any decorations you will be charged $50 for cleanup.
- If balloons float to the ceiling, you will be charged $25 to remove them
- Confetti and other loose party favors must be cleaned up by you
- Bouncy houses are not allowed
- You are liable for any and all damage caused by you, for example wallpaper or paint pealing because you used the wrong tape, damage to linens or other caused by burning candles
It’s very hard to tell you how much it will cost without knowing the details of your event. Suffice it to say we’re considerably less expensive than other venues in the area. Feel free to see our pricing page or use our estimator tool which will give you a good idea of the cost.
You can rent our hall without catering Sunday-Thursday between the hours of 6:00 am – Midnight. We charge $95/hour with a 4-hour minimum. If you plan on serving food you are required to use our attendant service which is $4/person.
Think of it like this. You get the food to us and we take care of the rest. Attendant Service includes the following:
- Setup buffet tables with chafing racks and sterno burner for hot foods
- Table clothes for all tables
- Serving ware including plates, cups, silverware etc.
- Guest tables setup with pitchers of ice water and salt and pepper shakers
- Unlimited coffee, lemonade, and soft drinks
- Wrap leftovers and refrigerate until your ready to take them home
**Basic attendant service ($4/person) includes plastic/paper. Premium Attendant Service ($7/person) includes linens/dinnerware.
Compare our pricing to other venues and we’re sure you’ll find us less expensive. Because our prices are already so low, we charge the same price for children.
By a very wide margin Saturday night is the most popular night for people to have an event. That leaves Fridays and Sundays hard for venues to fill. Venues that offer lower prices on Friday night aren’t lowering their price. What they’re really doing is raising it on Saturday. St. James Hall doesn’t play games. We offer the same low price everyday of the week.
If our hall is available you can come in as early as the day before, or 10AM the day of. We guarantee you can get in 3-hours before your event. If your schedule leaves you rushed for time, our staff is happy to decorate for you if you drop off your decorations the day before.
9640 Kennedy Avenue
Highland, IN 46322
Conveniently located on the corner of Kennedy Avenue and 45th Street. Less than 1-hour from downtown Chicago, and O’Hare or Midway airports. Approximately 2-miles off of the Borman expressway. Easy to find, easy to get to.